Sunday, October 23, 2011

Many Firsts on a Wednesday


Wednesday, I woke up to a beautiful, sunshine filled day in Glasgow.  I am still having moments when I look around and think “wow, I am living in Scotland!”  Still seems surreal at times, especially when I have the opportunity to go to the Scottish Graduate Fair.  Some classmates and I made our way to the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Center for the fair.  

Sunshine!  Waiting for class to start

The ladies at the Lamar University Career and Testing Center would be so proud, I even made a map of who I wanted to speak to and where they would be set up.  So, map and CV in hand I made the rounds talking to companies about marketing job opportunities and graduate schemes.  No one get excited though, I am not in the process of applying for jobs in the UK.  I was more interested in seeing what companies were hiring and what opportunities where available.  And after helping with career fairs at LU, I was partially just curious how the career fairs were set up here.       

Wednesday also marked my first Rotary CLUB presentation in Scotland!  The Hunterston Club was a great start for the year.  We had a wonderful, three course meal, heard about some great things they are involved with and learned about projects they are doing.  After my presentation, Club President James Morton and I exchanged club banners.  My first Rotary Banner Exchange!  The Beaumont Rotary Club can be looking forward to adding at least one more banner to their collection!  

Banner Exchange!

President James Morton showing off the bandana I brought from Texas :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment